The first MRI exam, conducted on May 16, 2005, revealed the presence of a chordoma; need for surgery was urgent. Thus, Dr. T.M intervened on June 11, 2005, when he performed partial resection of the tumor. Surgical resection was limited due to extensive invasion of the vertebral artery and the lack of ability to stabilize the cervical spine post-intervention. After recovery from the operation, I went through a radiotherapy session. MRI in April 2006 revealed a massive tumor recurrence retropharyngeal extension vertebral arteries, spinal cord compression and vertebral bodies C3 and C4 invasion. It was then concluded that the operation exceeds the possibilities of spinal surgery center in Romania. Thus it was necessary to contact a clinic abroad in Budapest, Hungary. The surgery was performed on July 27, 2006 by Prof. Dr. R.V, who was assisted by Dr. T.M, when complete resection of tumor formation, C3-C4 vertebrae removal and rigid implant reconstruction C2-C5, C6 were performed.
Here’s a list of the surgeries performed to remove my chordoma:
- June 11, 2005 – Dr. T.M, Department of Neurosurgery, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- July 27, 2006 – Prof. Dr. R.V, Országos Idegsebészeti Tudomanyos Intézet, Budapest, Hungary.
- June 6, 2008 – Prof. Dr. B.M, Neurochirurgische Klinik und der Isar der Poliklinikdes Klinikums Rechts Technischen Universitat Munich, Germany
- January 8, 2009 – Prof. Dr. B.M, Neurochirurgische Klinik und der Isar der Poliklinik des Klinikums Rechts Technischen Universitat Munich, Germany
- February, 2010 – Dr. T.M, Department of Neurosurgery, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- March, 2010 – Dr. T.M, Department of Neurosurgery, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- December, 2010 – Dr. T.M, Department of Neurosurgery, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- November, 2011 – Dr. T.M, Department of Neurosurgery, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- October, 2012 – Prof. Dr. R.V, AEK Hospital Budapest, Hungary
Following consultations conducted by Dr. T.M. on July 16, 2012, Ph.D. R.V on July 27, 2012 revealed the need of urgent surgery, the tumor size being enormous, threatening my life, so the last operation was performed on October 24,2012 by Prof. Dr. R.V, in Budapest, Hungary.
DISCLAIMER: This post and all material on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended for treatment or a cure for any disease or condition.